Add April 7, 2020 – Arizona Gives Day – to your smartphone, laptop or favorite calendar app. A statewide day of online charitable giving, Arizona Gives Day is a great way to support the Yavapai Regional Medical Center Foundation and the many critical YRMC programs that support your community.
The 24-hours of online giving begins at 12:00 am and ends at 11:59 pm on Tuesday, April 7. If you’re ready to donate before then, early giving begins on Tuesday, March 17. No matter when you make your donation, the Arizona Gives site is a convenient, fast and secure way to support the YRMC Foundation. Here’s how to get started:
- Go to AZGives.org/YRMC.
- Select the green “Donate” button or the white “Create a Fundraiser” button. (When you create a fundraiser, you give your social media friends the opportunity to support the YRMC Foundation.)
- Decide if your donation will be for “Today” or “Recurring.”
- Create a memorial or honor gift for someone important in your life.
- Peruse the YRMC Foundation’s 17 areas of need to match your donation with your passion.
- Complete the remaining steps, finalize your donation and receive a receipt for your records.
Arizona Gives Day encourages the work of not-for-profit organizations in their communities, according to John Goodenow, Director of the YRMC Foundation.
“Arizona Gives is about building healthy communities,” he said. “Your gift to the YRMC Foundation through Arizona Gives allows us to support the work of YRMC’s exceptional healthcare team. Our YRMC family will continue to be vigilant to ensure those in our community and their families have the best care possible whenever they need us.”
And, by sharing your Arizona Gives Day donation on social media, you help expand the YRMC Foundation’s family of donors. This simple move may allow the YRMC Foundation to help someone you know in our community during these challenging times—a family member, friend, neighbor or co-worker.
How do YRMC Foundation donor gifts create both a healthier community for all of us and continue to assist individuals in need? Gifts from Foundation donors, for example, help:
- Fund leading-edge technology for the nationally acclaimed James Family Heart Center at YRMC.
- Ensure needy children receive healthcare services through YRMC’s Partners for Healthy Students program.
- Offer life-saving, no-cost mammograms at YRMC’s BreastCare Center to women without health coverage.
“The YRMC Foundation continues to accomplish this and more because of our generous donors,” said Goodenow.
YRMC does not receive property tax revenues to fund programs or capital improvement projects.