Gratitude is the thread that weaves the Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) Foundation together with our donors. In 2020, that message of thanks culminated in a unique and heartwarming Circle for Excellence Reception.
“This annual event is one of our opportunities to recognize our many loyal donors,” says Robbie Nicol, Executive Director of the YRMC Foundation. “In 2020 especially, we wanted to express our gratitude but we wanted to do it safely during this challenging time.”
This was the inspiration for the YRMC Foundation’s first virtual Circle for Excellence Reception. On November 12, 2020 at 5:00 pm, Circle for Excellence members – donors who give $100 or more annually – joined the online event from the comfort and safety of their homes.
Speaking from the Heart
Dave Barrett, Chair of the YRMC Foundation, welcomed Circle for Excellence donors to the reception from his living room. He introduced the following people (in order of appearance), who also spoke from their homes:
- Robbie Nicol, Executive Director of the YRMC Foundation
- Pierre Tibi, MD, FACS, Medical Director of the James Family Heart Center at YRMC
- Marnie Uhl, President and CEO of the Prescott Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Jennifer Harvey, RN, Nurse Navigator of Lung Cancer Screening and Care at Dignity Health, Yavapai Regional Medical Center
- John Amos, President and CEO of Dignity Health, Yavapai Regional Medical Center
How Donors Make a Difference
There was much to share about the remarkable impact donors had on healthcare at YRMC in 2020. The thank-you list featured the following and more:
- The renovation of Cath Lab and 14-bed Intensive Care Unit to state-of-the-art facilities, both of which serve patients of the James Family Heart Center at YRMC.
- The expansion of YRMC’s Partners for Healthy Students program to support families during COVID-19.
- The essential screening and support services provided to community members through the BreastCare Center at YRMC.
- The inspiring gestures of support for the YRMC family during COVID-19 including donations to purchase masks, gowns, gloves and more.
“The 2020 virtual Circle for Excellence Reception was reminder of the generosity of our community and all they do to care for each other by supporting the YRMC Foundation and YRMC,” says John Goodenow, Director of Philanthropy for the YRMC Foundation.
Do you want to learn how to become part of YRMC Foundation’s Circle for Excellence? Contact the YRMC Foundation at (928) 771-5686 or email@example.com.