Dignity Health Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) is launching two programs that give patients, families, visitors and others the opportunity to recognize the extraordinary work of individual YRMC team members.
“Nearly every day, I hear from a patient or family member about a nurse or other employee who made a difference to them during their time at YRMC,” says Tracey McCollum, MSN, RN, NEA-BC, CENP, Chief Executive Nursing Officer, YRMC. “Our new recognition programs are a perfect way to celebrate these people and highlight their exceptional work.”
Both recognition programs will be introduced May 8 to coincide with National Nurses Week and National Hospital Week. Anyone can nominate a YRMC employee for these recognitions, which include:
- The DAISY Award® – This international recognition program rewards and celebrates the clinical skill and compassionate care nurses provide. It was created in 1999 by the DAISY Foundation and has been adopted by health care organizations worldwide, including YRMC.
- The Bumble-BEE Award – All YRMC employees (non-nursing team members) are eligible for this award. It recognizes YRMC employees whose efforts, support and kindness make a difference to patients, families and others.
“These recognition programs have two features that distinguish them from most recognition programs,” notes McCollum. “First, they give voice to the people YRMC serves—patients, families and community members. And second, the programs highlight the extraordinary – and sometimes unseen work – YRMC employees do every day.”
How do I nominate an extraordinary YRMC team member?
DAISY and Bumble-BEE nomination forms are available to download at YRMC.org/daisy-bee. You’ll also find nomination forms and submission boxes near the cafeterias, elevators and patient care units at YRMC West and YRMC East.
Completed forms may be:
- emailed to [email protected]
- placed in any of the nomination form submission boxes (see above for locations)
- mailed to YRMC Nursing Administration, DAISY-BEE Awards, 1003 Willow Creek Road, Prescott, Arizona 86301
A values-based recognition program
Four times a year, three nurses and three staff members from both YRMC West in Prescott and YRMC East in Prescott Valley will receive the DAISY Award or Bumble-BEE Award. All staff nominated during the three-month period are eligible for the recognitions.
DAISY and Bumble-BEE award winners are celebrated during presentations in their respective departments or units. The person or persons who nominated the award recipients are invited to the celebrations. Each DAISY and Bumble-BEE recipient receives a recognition certificate and a pin to proudly wear on their name badge. All DAISY and Bumble-BEE award winners are announced to the YRMC community and the Quad Cities.
And, the awards go to …
An objective and anonymous system is used to select recipients for the DAISY and Bumble-BEE awards.
“Our primary measuring tool will be YRMC’s values,” notes McCollum. “Nominees whose actions most align with our values will be selected for DAISY and Bumble-BEE Awards.”
YRMC’s values include:
- Respect – Behaves in a way that honors self and others.
- Integrity – Is consistent and honest in word and deed.
- Quality – Provides service excellence in meeting others’ expectations.
- Commitment – Demonstrates dedication to one’s work, personal development, the organization, and YRMC’s mission and vision.
- Accountability – Follows through and is answerable for one’s performance.
Want more information about the DAISY and Bumble-BEE Awards? Visit YRMC.org/daisy-bee to learn the DAISY Award’s origin story and download nomination forms.