Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) is offering free expert assistance to families and individuals who want health insurance coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace. During open enrollment 2021 – November 1 through December 15, 2020 – YRMC’s Certified Application Counselors (CACs) will provide assistance by appointment.
“For years, YRMC has provided no-cost, expert assistance to individuals and families who want health insurance coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace,” said Ken Boush, Director of Marketing and Communications at YRMC. “Our team also helps people applying for AHCCCS, Arizona’s Medicaid.”
This tradition will continue even during COVID-19 with a few changes:
Scheduling – In order to ensure social distancing, YRMC will schedule appointments with CACs. Please call (928) 771-5151 to arrange an appointment for telephone or in-person enrollment assistance.
Location – YRMC encourages people to schedule phone sessions for health insurance enrollment assistance. However, CACs are also available for in-person interviews at the Financial Counseling Offices at YRMC West in Prescott and YRMC East in Prescott Valley. (Both in-person and telephone appointments may be scheduled by calling 928-771-5151.)
In-Person Appointments – YRMC asks that one family representative attend in-person appointments with the CAC. People who don’t bring masks, will be provided one.
Prepare for Your Enrollment Meeting
Whether you meet by phone or in-person, YRMC recommends you have the following items ready for your meeting:
- Social Security Numbers for everyone on the application
- Employer and income information for all working family members (for example, pay stubs, W-2 forms, or wage and tax statements)
- Marketplace (healthcare.gov) login information (username and password) or a valid email address
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance
In 2021, some people may qualify for premium tax credits as well as lower monthly premiums, lower deductibles and co-payments from the Health Insurance Marketplace.
“Our counselors help people determine their benefits based on their financial situation, number of dependents and more,” said Boush.
Basic Benefits and More!
All Health Insurance Marketplace Plans include the benefits listed below. Plans also may offer additional benefits.
- Ambulatory patient services (outpatient care)
- Emergency services
- Pregnancy, maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices (services/devices to help people with injuries, disabilities, or chronic conditions gain or recover mental and physical skills)
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services, including oral and vision care (adult dental and vision coverage are not considered to be essential health benefits)
Health insurance coverage begins January 1, 2021 for people who sign up during open enrollment. For more information about Health Insurance Marketplace enrollment or AHCCCS application assistance, please contact (928) 771-5151.