Get ready to run – or to enjoy the fun – during the James Family Prescott YMCA 41st Annual Whiskey Row Marathon on Saturday, May 4, 2019. Sponsored by Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC), the race is the oldest continuously run marathon in Arizona and well-known for its fun Finish Line Expo.
“Yavapai Regional Medical Center is delighted to serve as the Signature Sponsor of the Whiskey Row Marathon,” said Kenneth Boush, YRMC’s Director of Marketing and Communications. “The Marathon is a perfect fit for YRMC’s focus on health, wellness and fitness.”
“The Whiskey Row Marathon has a race for runners at all levels,” said Damon Olsen, Executive Director, James Family Prescott YMCA. “Marathoners love the challenge of our tough full marathon and half-marathon race courses. Other runners enjoy the 10K or the two-mile run or walk. We welcome all runners and applaud their dedication to health and fitness.”
The Race-Day Schedule
You’ll join fellow runners at the Whiskey Row Marathon starting line on May 4, at Prescott Courthouse Plaza on Montezuma Street between Gurley and Goodwin Streets. Here’s the schedule for the Whiskey Row Marathon:
- 5:00 am – Full Marathon, Early Start (26.2 miles) – The course winds through Prescott, up 3,000 feet along open, paved roads and then cuts through the Ponderosa pine-covered Prescott National Forest along dirt roads. (Early Start participants are not eligible for awards.)
- 6:00 am – Full Marathon, Normal Start (26.2 miles)
- 7:00 am – Half Marathon (13.1 miles) – The course starts on historic Whiskey Row, heads out to Aspen Creek on Copper Basin through the Ponderosa Pines of the Prescott National Forest and then finishes at the Prescott Courthouse Plaza.
- 7:20 am – 10K (6.2 miles) – A loop course through downtown Prescott and the surrounding area.
- 7:15 am – Two-mile Fun Run/Walk.
Celebrate at the Finish Line Expo!
All Whiskey Row Marathon participants and guests will enjoy the Finish Line Expo. Delicious refreshments, lots of free gifts, soothing massages, live music and more will continue the high energy for which the Whiskey Row Marathon is famous.
The Whiskey Row Marathon attracts dedicated marathon runners from as far as Azerbijan, Poland and as close as Prescott. Runners from 30 states from around the country also participate in the Whiskey Row Marathon.
Contact the YMCA for More Information
To register, volunteer or for more information about the Whiskey Row Marathon, visit the official marathon website or contact Rachele Skvarek, Whiskey Row Marathon Race Director, by email or at (928) 445-7221, ext. 217.