When you see the larger-than-life pink ribbons on the exterior of Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) in Prescott and the BreastCare Center at YRMC East in Prescott Valley, you know it’s October—Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
“Our community has a history of championing the work of the BreastCare Center in October and year-round,” said John Goodenow, Director of Philanthropy, YRMC Foundation. “This ongoing generosity makes a big difference to patients who receive care through our BreastCare Center and to their families.”
Group and Individual Giving
Businesses, clubs, schools and individuals get behind breast cancer prevention, early detection and more as part of YRMC’s Share the Care program. These groups and individuals raise funds and donate to provide mammography screening, individualized support for people undergoing breast cancer treatment, and a host of other important services.
“We’re so thankful for the support our community gives the BreastCare Center,” Goodenow said. “We hope people will remember the important work of our BreastCare Center team by donating during Breast Cancer Awareness Month or at any time during the year.”
Individuals may give by visiting the YRMC Foundation giving page and selecting the “BreastCare Center Fund” under “Donation Designation.”
Here’s What’s Happening in 2020
In 2020, many businesses and groups are embracing creative ways to support the BreastCare Center at YRMC in October and year-round. Visit these organizations’ websites and Facebook pages to learn how you can get involved:
- Barrett Propane, Inc. (Facebook)
- Homes and Land Magazine (Facebook)
- Neumann High Country Doors (Facebook)
- The Movement Studio (Facebook)
- Pink Patch Project – Camp Verde Marshal’s Office (Facebook) and Prescott Police Department (Facebook)
- The Prescott Daily Courier Pink Pages (Facebook)
- Prescott Frontier Days® (Facebook) and Wrangler’s® Tough Enough to Wear Pink™
- Remembering Angels to Benefit the BreastCare Center at YRMC – Los Pinos Mexican Restaurant (Facebook) and Summit 4×4 Company (Facebook)
- Texas Roadhouse (Facebook)
For more information, visit Share the Care and the YRMC Foundation.