The world’s only inflatable, walk-through exhibits of the human body, heart and colon are coming to Yavapai Regional Medical Center’s (YRMC) Celebrate Life Health Expo 2019. MEGA Body™, MEGA Heart™ and Boston Scientific’s Colossal Colon combine learning and fun in a larger-than-life way.
“This will be a new experience for our community,” said Ken Boush, YRMC’s Director of Marketing and Communications. “The sheer size of these exhibits will give people the opportunity to explore how the human body works. The experience is interactive and designed for people of all ages. YRMC is delighted to make MEGA Body, MEGA Heart and Colossal Colon part of this year’s Celebrate Life Health Expo.”
The Expo will also feature more than 100 exhibits that focus on health, wellness and active lifestyles. Join the fun on:
Friday, September 6 and Saturday, September 7, 2019
9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Findlay Toyota Center
3201 North Main Street
Prescott Valley, Arizona
The Expo is a free community service sponsored by YRMC
Meet the MEGAs and More!
Tours of MEGA Body, MEGA Heart and the Colossal Colon, delve into how the body operates, potential health challenges and how our lifestyle choices – diet, exercise and not smoking – can help us stay healthy. Members of Prescott hospital and administration team will be there as you check out the inner workings of the body, heart and colon.
MEGA Body includes a teeth-to-torso exploration of the human body. As you travel through MEGA Body – approximately 50 feet long by 15 feet wide by 12 feet tall – you’ll learn about our body’s bones, muscles, skin and even our ears. Your journey will take you to these organs:
A MEGA Heart and a Movie Premiere!
Visitors to MEGA Heart are in for a highly interactive, educational experience. During your MEGA heart adventure, you’ll see how a healthy heart functions, observe examples of various types of heart disease and check out displays featuring some of the latest medical treatments for heart problems. You’ll also learn about heart attacks, irregular heart rhythms and blood clots as well as the most advanced ways to treat those conditions.
The James Family Heart Center at YRMC will premiere Places in the Heart, an informative video featuring Pierre Tibi, MD, FACS, Medical Director of YRMC’s James Family Heart Center. During a dissection of a pig heart, the highly regarded cardiothoracic surgeon explains how the human heart functions. Places in the Heart will show every 30 minutes throughout the Expo. (Pig hearts – provided by a scientific supply company – are used in educational settings to teach heart anatomy because they are nearly identical to the human heart.)
“Representatives from YRMC’s James Family Heart Center will join the Expo to highlight the Center’s state-of-the-art medical services and impressive facilities,” said Boush.
Tours of Colossal Colon highlight the importance of our digestive system to overall health. You also will:
- Learn about conditions like Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Get the latest facts on colon cancer, which will affect 140,000 Americans in 2019
- Discover steps you can take to keep your colon healthy
Giveaways, Prize Drawings and Games!
In 2019, more than 100 organizations committed to health, wellness and community good will participate in YRMC’s Expo. Exhibits will include fun activities, lots of giveaways and even chances to get into drawings for great prizes.
“If you like hiking, biking, cooking, exercising and other healthy lifestyle pursuits, you’ll really enjoy this year’s Expo,” Boush said. “There’s going to be lots of opportunities for people to connect with organizations dedicated to all of these activities and more.”
Here are a few examples of the experiences and opportunities available at the Expo:
- Biking group
- Hiking club
- Healthy nutrition tips and demonstrations (with samples)
- A “smoothie bike”—create a nutritious smoothie as you pedal for fitness
Health Screenings and More
- Blood pressure checks
- Carbon monoxide breathalyzer
- Compression sock fittings
- Lung function tests
- Myovision screenings for your back
- Pre-diabetes self-assessments
For Kids of All Ages
- GoNoodle kids’ fitness routines
- Information about tennis for kids
- Photos with your favorite mascot, including YRMC’s Wellby the Yavabear
- Professional face painters
Fitness, Fun and Safety
- CPR basics
- Chair yoga demonstrations
- First aid tips from emergency experts
- Self-defense demonstrations
- Annual parking pass for Prescott Parks
- A Fitbit®
- Gift basket with kids’ dental health items
- GoNoodle Prize Packs
- March of Dimes blanket
- Staycation gift basket
- Target gift card valued at $25
- Lots more!
Plan Your Day and Help Your Neighbors!
Visit our event page on YRMC HealthConnect for videos of MEGA Body and MEGA Heart as well as these useful pre-event tools:
- A map of the event to print and plan your own Expo experience
- A shopping list with non-perishable food items and toiletries. Bring your donations to the Expo to support the good work of Prescott Area Shelter Services and area food banks
Keep up on prize drawings, giveaways and activities Expo exhibitors are planning on our Facebook event page.