In response to rising COVID-19 infection rates throughout the community, Dignity Health, Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) has made the difficult decision to expand visitor restrictions beginning Tuesday, November 24. Hospital-based elective procedures that require an inpatient stay will pause beginning Thursday, November 26 through Friday, December 4. Procedures in YRMC’s Endoscopy Department will continue as scheduled but will continue to be evaluated.
With patient and staff safety the top priority, visitation is being suspended at both YRMC West in Prescott and YRMC East in Prescott Valley until the situation improves. Special circumstances may exist, including:
- Laboring mothers may have one support person with them. For additional questions relating to YRMC’s Family Birthing Center, please call (928) 442-8800.
- Pediatric patients may have one guardian or support person with them.
- Patients with disabilities that depend on the assistance of a family member or caregiver to receive care will be allowed to designate a support person to accompany them.
- End of life visitations will be accommodated.
- All visitors are expected to follow YRMC’s strict mask-use policy while inside any YRMC facility. YRMC currently requires all visitors to wear a procedural mask to enter a YRMC facility. Visitors without a procedural mask will be given one during the screening process before they may enter.
- Family members of patients receiving care at Yavapai Regional Medical Center are encouraged to call (928) 445-2700 for more information before they visit.
To minimize the impact on patients and their families, YRMC continues to encourage the use of teleconference tools to stay connected and can make a limited number of electronic tablets available for patients who don’t possess a smart phone or tablet.
YRMC wants to emphasize that patients in need of emergent care should not avoid a visit to one of YRMC’s Emergency Departments. Precautions are in place to ensure your safety. As patient volumes remain higher than normal, YRMC will make every effort to provide care as quickly as possible. YRMC encourages patients in need of non-emergent care to seek advice from their medical provider.
YRMC wants to thank the community for their support and understanding during this challenging time. Visitation restrictions will be evaluated and adjusted based on COVID-19 infection rates throughout the community. Please continue to wear a mask, wash your hands, and practice social distancing to ensure your safety and the safety of others.