Yavapai Regional Medical Center brings you YRMC PhysicianCare Cardiac Electrophysiologist, Nisha Tung-Takher, MD, for a fascinating presentation about the heart’s electrical circuitry. She’ll provide an overview of the heart’s electrical system and how it affects your health. She’ll also discuss various conditions associated with abnormal heart rhythm, their symptoms and treatment options.
Dr. Tung-Takher will answer questions such as:
- What is the circuitry of a normal heart?
- How and why does circuitry become abnormal and what are the symptoms?
- What is electrophysiology?
- What are the benefits of medication vs. ablation?
- What does a pacemaker do?
- How does a defibrillator work?
- What is resynchronization for congestive hear failure?
Seating is limited, so please RSVP by Friday, January 3rd by using the “EVENTS” tab at yrmchealthconnect.org. If you don’t have computer access, you can call (928) 708-4636 to register.
Coffee, water and breakfast bars will be served.
Nisha Tung-Takher, MD, pursued a Cardiology fellowship at Mayo Graduate School of Medicine in Phoenix and an Electrophysiology fellowship at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Harbor Medical Center. She had medical residencies at the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis. She currently practices at YRMC PhysicianCare Cardiology at 802 Ainsworth Drive, Suite A, in Prescott.