Ask people what they appreciate most about their online patient portal and most will mention the access they have to information from their physicians and other healthcare providers.
This information is behind a recently introduced feature on YRMC CareConnect, Dignity Health, Yavapai Regional Medical Center’s (YRMC’s) online patient portal. Now, when subscribers log on to YRMC CareConnect, they can check out the “Clinical Notes” section and review the information providers have placed in their medical record about a recent medical visit.
“The Clinical Notes feature is a patient-driven addition,” says Michelle Henson, RHIT, CCA, Health Information Management Supervisor at Dignity Health, YRMC. “Our goal is to provide the patients we serve with the information they find most valuable and to do that securely. Access to provider notes about their visits was the number one request from our patients.”
How to Access Clinical Notes
YRMC CareConnect subscribers will find the newly available Clinical Notes on the patient portal by:
- Connecting to the internet
- Signing into YRMC CareConnect, our secure patient portal
- Choosing “Medical Records” from the main menu
- Opening the “Clinical Notes” tab on the Medical Records dropdown menu
- Perusing the list of medical visits you would like review
Clinical Notes are posted when the provider signs the documentation and available in the electronic health record. Laboratory tests post within 36 hours and imaging reports post within 72 hours.
Clinical Notes from All YRMC Providers
Once you’re on the Clinical Notes page on YRMC CareConnect, you’ll find documentation and notes from recent and past visits, including:
- Appointments with your physicians at Dignity Health, Yavapai Regional Medical Group (YRMG)
- Reports related to surgeries and other medical procedures
- Accounts of Emergency Department visits to YRMC West in Prescott or YRMC East in Prescott Valley
“The Clinical Notes feature complements other information that’s already available on YRMC CareConnect, such as laboratory and imaging study results,” Henson explains. “It all comes together to give patients a larger view of their healthcare. It’s a substantial and valuable chunk of information.”
The Clinical Notes comprise care and services provided throughout YRMC’s health network including, for example:
- YRMC East or YRMC West (inpatient, outpatient and Emergency Services)
- All 27 YRMG physician practices
- Prescott Medical Imaging or Prescott Valley Medical Imaging
- Del E. Webb Outpatient Center in Prescott Valley and YRMC Wellness Center in Prescott
Check Out Clinical Notes, 24-7
Want to do a deeper dive into your healthcare history? The Clinical Notes feature includes past medical visits.
“This is a great information resource for patients and very convenient, too,” Henson says. “If it’s 2:00 am and you want to review the notes from a recent or past physician appointment, it’s right at your fingertips.”
Subscribe to YRMC CareConnect
The Clinical Notes feature is available to all YRMC CareConnect subscribers. If you haven’t joined the patient portal, it’s easy to register. Simply visit the secure subscriber page at YRMC CareConnect and complete the on-screen form.
If you need assistance with YRMC CareConnect or have questions about the online patient portal, please contact Health Information Management at YRMC West in Prescott (928-771-5657) or YRMC East in Prescott Valley (928-442-8657).