When you’re expecting your first child, things can seem unfamiliar and perhaps a bit overwhelming. Having a trusted resource to answer questions, guide you through the unknown and offer encouragement as the important day approaches can be a great help.
Yavapai Regional Medical Center offers childbirth classes that serve to educate you, set your mind at ease and prepare you for the arrival of your precious little one. YRMC has assisted with the miracle of birth for 75 years and fully understands what expectant moms and their partners are going through and what they need to know.
The Family Birthing Center offers these classes as a service to our community. The goal is to give your precious baby the best possible start in life.
You’ll explore the answers to questions such as:
- Is the discomfort I’m feeling normal?
- What remedies are safe for me to use?
- What can I expect when labor begins?
- Are there techniques for relaxation?
- What role does breathing play during labor?
- How do I care for my new baby?
An added benefit is that you’ll meet other expectant parents who are going through the same things you are. You’ll have an opportunity to make friends and share stories and ideas.
For your convenience, the YRMC Family Childbirth Class is offered several times throughout the year at YRMC East in Prescott Valley. Participants are encouraged to start the four-week series no later than their 30th week of pregnancy and attend all four of the two-hour classes. The cost is $35. Click here for a complete list of dates, times and locations.
Other classes include:
- Super Saturday Class, which is optimal for those in their 32nd to 34th week of pregnancy. The content of this class is the same as the weekly series.
- Breastfeeding Works!, which is held the second Saturday of every month from 9 AM to 12 noon at YRMC East, Pronghorn Room, in Prescott Valley. This class is free of charge.
YRMC is here to help you prepare for the arrival of your new family member. For more information on any of these classes or to register, call (928) 442-8800.