Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) is once again hosting its annual Celebrate Life Health Expo. The location has changed this year and so has the date. This year’s event will take place on Saturday, March 3, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and will be held at the Prescott Valley Event Center, located at 3201 N. Main Street in Prescott Valley.
What is in store so far? As in years past, YRMC will have “neighborhoods” located around the event that guests will be encouraged to visit. This year, there are neighborhoods that include: Kids and Families, Older Adults, Heart Health, Nutrition, Fitness, Healthy Living and Wellness, Community Resources and much more!
If you are looking for something to fill your spare time and enrich the lives of others, there will be opportunities to meet organizations from the community who are seeking volunteers.
Here are some suggestions about healthy, non-perishable food, household and personal items you can donate:
- Beans: black, pinto, kidney and/or garbanzo
- Nut Butters: peanut, almond, cashew (regular, small, individual sizes)
- Fruit: 100% canned fruit, unsweetened fruit sauces, dried fruit (such as raisins, apricots, cranberries, cherries)
- Vegetables: canned vegetables, low sodium, no salt, boxed or flaked potatoes, no additives
- Soups: stews, canned or boxed pasta, pasta sauces
- Pasta: whole grain, brown or wild rice
- Cereal (cold and hot): whole grain, low sugar
- Milks: shelf stable milk or rice milk, nut milks
- Canned meat: tuna, chicken and/or salmon
- Disinfecting wipes and cleaning supplies
- Paper towels and toilet paper
- Dish detergent
- 13-gallon trash bags
- Storage bags (quart and gallon)
Please save the date and be on the lookout for more information in the coming weeks. We hope you will make some time to visit the Celebrate Life Health Expo and learn about ways to stay healthy in 2018!